Reads, Tools & Programs
Here you will find some of my favorite resources on topics covered most in my practice. I include a variety of good reads (classics and best sellers) to support a range of interests and development goals. While the page is updated regularly, if you don't find something that interests you, just ask! I am an avid reader and researcher and love to help people find the perfect learning resource for their personal or leadership journey.
The Enneagram is a powerful tool for personal and collective transformation. Stemming from the Greek words ennea (nine) and grammos (a written symbol), the nine-pointed Enneagram symbol represents nine distinct strategies for relating to the self, others and the world. The Enneagram symbol is ancient. Nine points are delineated along a circle, each point connected by lines that indicate a dynamic interrelationship among the points which reflects the change inherent in life. Each point represents a particular personality type (orientation) with its own internal blueprint, inner commentary, and perception of self and of the external world.
The Hoffman Process is a week-long healing retreat of transformation and development for people who feel stuck in one or more important areas of their life. The Process will help you become conscious of and disconnected from negative patterns of thought and behaviors on an emotional, intellectual, physical, and spiritual level in order to make significant positive changes in your life. You will learn to remove habitual ways of thinking and behaving, align with your authentic self, and respond to situations in your life from a place of conscious choice.
I completed the Process in May 2016 and without a doubt, will grow my relationships from good to great, from the inside out.
Leadership- a true art with multiple layers. The two types of leadership approaches that I work the most with in my coaching and consulting services are: Servant Leadership and Presence-based Leadership. Below are some of my favorite books and articles that have been helpful for me and those I work with.
- Not All Leadership Programs Are Created Equal
- Different by Design: The Fabric of the New Organization
- 4 Fundamental Things Good Leaders Always Do--And Don't Do
- The Most Important Leadership Competencies, According to Leaders Around the World
- How Leaders Make Difficult Decisions
- How to Make 3-Centered Decisions
- Assessment: Find Out if You Are A Superboss
- 16 Best Entrepreneurship and Business Leadership Articles of the Year
- Change is Good. But First, Know What Should Never Change
- Want To Be a Better Leader? Observe More and React Less
- Strengthening Resilience Through the Power of Story
- Fixed vs. Growth: The Two Basic Mindsets that Shape Our Lives
- What Science Says About Identifying High-Potential Employees
- The Relationship Between Corporate Culture and Performance
- Leadership Can Shape Culture Through Behaviors
- Strategy Eats Culture for Lunch
- Execution is a People Problem, Not A Strategy Problem
- How Aligned is Your Organization?
- Being a Strategic Leader is About Asking the Right Questions
- How Leaders Become Self Aware
- 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway You From Making Good Decisions
- The Five Trademarks of Agile Organizations
- Your Leadership Story: Develop It and Share It Often
- 7 Tips for Great Storytelling as a Leader
The practice of Mindfulness involves being aware, moment-to-moment, of one’s subjective conscious experience from a first-person perspective. Mindfulness is an attribute of consciousness long believed to promote well-being. The skill of mindfulness can be gradually developed using meditation practices.
Mindful Minutes Practice
Spend 15 minutes daily in contemplation, reflection, and meditation to cultivate stillness in the mind and focus on your vision. If you already do this, consider adding something new. Some suggestions are:
- Breath (focus on the sound and rhythm of your breath)
- Body Scan (feel where in your body you may be contracted, or relaxed, etc. - just notice)
- Contemplation (let your mind wander, what is occupying your attention, desires, etc)
- Journaling (write, write, write!)
- Stillness (Back to the breath, or empty space, still the monkey mind, just be)
A ten-minute guided breathing exercise from the Potential Project.
Three Simple Mindfulness Practices You Can Use Every Day.
Recorded Talks by Pamela Weiss.
- How Meditation Benefits CEOs
- This is Your Anxious Brain on Meditation
- Calming the Rush of Panic in Your Body
- Benefits of Meditation: 76 Things You Might Be Missing Out On
- 8 Ways Meditation Can Improve Your Life
- Feeling Self Critical? Try Mindfulness
- How to be mindful 24/7A 7-Minute Mindfulness Practice to Shift out of “Doing” Mode
- Three Mindful Things to
- Meditation Keeps Emotions in Check
- Top 50 Best Mindfulness Books
- 5 Ways to Nourish Your Brain
- De.Mys.ti.fying Meditation
- Raising the Mindful Family
- Mindfulness Changes How We Process Sadness
- The Art of Being Present
- What Happens After Now?
- The Cult of Mindfulness
- The Distracted Man's Guide to Meditation
- Three Simple Practices You Can Use Everyday
- Are You a Creature of Bad Habits?
Neuroscience & Neauoleadership
NeuroLeadership—a term coined in 2006 by David Rock—is an emerging field of study focused on bringing neuroscientific knowledge into the areas of leadership development, management training, change management, education, consulting and coaching.
Self Improvement: the quest to make ourselves more whole through greater self awareness, reflection and action.
- 18 Habits of Mentally Strong People
- Eight Essentials of Forgiveness
- Your Guide to Diffusing Anger
- The Stealthy Way to Manage Your Inner Critic
- How to Take Complete Control Over the Direction of Your Life
- 10 Surprising Benefits You’ll Get From Keeping a Journal
- Action or Inspired Action: How to Know the Difference
- Choosing to Be Grateful. It Will Make You Happier.
- 7 Secret Truths About Happiness
- Why Are We Always Looking for Certainty in Our Lives?
- 5 Scientifically Proven Ways to Beat Procrastination
- 3 Great Ways to Dissolve Limiting Beliefs
- Ultimate Guide to Signs that Your Desire is Manifesting
- 24 Things You Need To Do To Heal Yourself From Anxiety
- Forming Stronger Bonds with People at Work
- Manage Your Stress by Monitoring Your Body's Reactions to It
- 5 Research-Based Strategies for Overcoming Procrastination
- The Four-Part Framework to Naturally Heal Your Anxiety
- The 7 Most Important Mindsets That Will Set You Up For Long-term Success
- The Four Part Framework to Naturally Heal Your Anxiety
- How to Stop Your Stories From Running Your Life
- Four Questions to Foster Your Authentic Self
- The Power of Your Mind and Setting Intentions
- Fixed vs. Growth: The Two Basic Mindsets That Shape Our Lives
- 4 Questions to Foster Your Authentic Self
- The Secrets of Self-Control
- The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life One Night at at Time
Let Me Help You!
Have a question or would like a recommendation? Happy to check my learning arsenal for you!